Relafen, which contains the active ingredient Nabumetone, is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or NSAID. Relafen is used primarily to relieve pain in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Relafen may also be used for other health conditions that can benefit from its therapeutic effects. People opt to buy Relafen online, as it is important to get accurate dosing information from the prescribing physician before commencing treatment with this drug. The available dosage strengths of Relafen are 500 mg and 750 mg, which may be increased according to the level of pain.
How does Relafen work?
Relafen works by inhibiting the hormones in the body that produce the effects of pain and swelling. The exact mechanism of the drug is not known, but it is a highly effective analgesic. Nabumetone has an active half-life of about twenty-three hours.
How good is Relafen compared to other Pain relievers
Generic Relafen is the only 1-Naphthaleneacetic acid derivative, which gives it significant advantages over other painkillers that belong to the same NSAID class. This makes it a non-acidic drug that does not produce the same level of side effects associated with other pain relief pills with regard to ulcers, bleeding in the stomach, and other troubles in the gastrointestinal tract. Although Relafen is likely to cause photosensitivity in some persons, the chances of developing cardiovascular diseases are lesser compared to other painkillers and are considered as a low-risk drug.
Precautions to be followed while taking Relafen
- Relafen can be taken safely by observing a few precautions before commencing the drug course.
- Do not take Relafen along with alcohol or combine it with aspirin.
- Check with the prescribing physician regarding possible drug interactions for any other medications that the person may be taking, particularly over-the-counter pills, vitamins, herbal supplements, and other prescription drugs.
- Relafen should not be taken in very high doses or for longer than required as it can increase the risk of developing side effects, especially heart-related problems.
- Health conditions which must be disclosed to the healthcare provider before taking Relafen are heart disease, smoking, diabetes, blood clotting problems, hypertension, any incidence of stroke, stomach ulcers, bleeding in the stomach, fluid retention, asthma, liver problems and kidney disease.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid taking Relafen and should consult with the doctor on the same.
- Persons under the age of eighteen are not recommended to take Relafen.
Relafen can cause photosensitivity as a side effect, hence it is recommended to avoid using tanning beds or exposure to direct sunlight with the use of protective clothing and sunscreen.
Side effects of Relafen
The common side effects associated with taking Relafen are:
- Stomach pain
- Problems in the digestive tract like gas,
- Skin rash
- Swelling in the limbs
Severe adverse effects that require immediate medical attention are:
- Signs of Anemia
- Trouble breathing
- Major skin reactions
- Liver function troubles
- Signs of bleeding in the stomach
- Rapid weight gain
In the case of any other symptoms that are not mentioned, it is advisable to consult the physician without any delay.
Why to buy Relafen from online pharmacy
Purchasing Relafen generic online is an easier way to shop for prescription medication without the hassle of visiting brick-and-mortar drugs stores. The convenience of getting the order delivered to any location in a timely manner is a major benefit when opting for ordering Relafen painkiller from reputable online drugstores. The pills will also be only in the authentic formulation and all visitors can view the detailed product information when placing the order through online pharmacies.