Zovirax having acyclovir as its active component is an antiviral drug used for the treatment of cold sores and blisters formed due to herpes or chicken pox. Zovirax gradually reduces the reoccurrence of sores and reduces irritation and intensity of the outbreak. However, Acyclovir is not intended to cure herpes. It only acts as an agent to reduce the pain and occurrence of the sores and hence people can buy Zovirax Generic online and use it without any fear.
Conditions treated by Zovirax
Zovirax can be used in patients who are bothered by the sores resulting from chicken pox. It reduces the spreading of the infection. The infection caused by herpes virus gives rise to genital herpes, shingles, and cold sores.
Important information to be noted before taking Zovirax Generic (Acyclovir)
- The infections resulting from herpes are contagious, so contact with other people should be limited. Never let infected areas to come in contact with others. Avoid touching the infected area and in the case of contact, please rinse your hands thoroughly with a disinfectant. Lesions resulting from herpes should be kept as dry as possible. Wearing loose cotton clothing can prevent the irritation and outbreak.
- Avoid taking Zovirax if you had allergic reactions from acyclovir or valacyclovir (Valtrex) in the past. Always inform you doctor about all the medications that you have been allergic to. In addition, indicate to him/her about all the prescription and over the counter drugs that you currently consuming. This may avoid the risk of being subjected to dangerous drug interactions. You should not take Zovirax if you have kidney diseases, or a weak immune system.
- Zovirax is not known to inflict harm to the fetus. However, this medicine, if passes into the breast milk, may harm a nursing baby. A newly born baby can be infected with herpes if the mother has a genital lesion during child birth. The efficacy of Zovirax usage is not proven for children below the age of 2 years. Consult your pediatrician before buying Zovirax and giving it to your child.
- If you are already under the course of any antibiotics, antivirals drugs then inform priorly to the doctor so that he can prescribe you pills accordingly
Dosage instructions of Zovirax
Zovirax is also available in liquid form and ointment.
- When taking the liquid form of Zovirax, shake the bottle well and always measure the liquid using the measuring spoon provided to you with the product. Using other spoons may cause over dose. Consult a doctor to get dosage instructions for the liquid Acyclovir.
- The ointment form of Zovirax should be applied over the affected areas when redness or blister formation happens. It can be applied up to 5 times a day.
- Zovirax should strictly be taken based on the recommendations from your health care professional. This medication should be used for the whole recommended duration. Do not take Zovirax shorter or longer than suggested.
- You should purchase Zovirax and start the treatment of Acyclovir as soon you notice the appearance of the symptoms such as blisters or burning sores. Zovirax can be consumed with/without food. However, plenty of water should be taken along with this medicine to keep the kidneys to function properly.
Zovirax should be stored at room temperature away from the reach of children. Do not store in a humid or moist place.
What if I missed a dose?
If you miss a dose of Zovirax, take it as soon as you remember. But if it is close to your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Avoid skipping it too many times, as the effectiveness of Zovirax will be lost.
Side effects resulting from Zovirax usage
Some minor side effects of Zovirax include
- Feeling weak or tired
Some serious side effects of Zovirax include
- Easily bruised or bleeding skin, appearance of red spots on the skin
- Symptoms of kidney problems such as no or painful urination, swollen feet and ankles.
- Shortness of breath