Actoplus Met is the brand name of a combination of two medications, Pioglitazone and Metformin. Both are antihyperglycemic agents used to treat patients with diabetes mellitus type 2. Actoplus Met is an oral medication and it is intended to control blood sugar levels. People are now looking forward to buying Actoplus Met generic online from an online pharmacy. Actoplus Met used in addition to proper dieting and exercising is found to be highly effective in maintaining a healthy blood sugar level. Type 1 diabetes is however not treated with Actoplus Met
How Actoplus Met Generic works?
Though both Pioglitazone and Metformin are antihyperglycemic agents, the way they operate is totally different. Resistance to insulin in the periphery and in the liver are decreased by Pioglitazone, thereby increasing the disposal of glucose, that is dependent on insulin, and decreasing the output of hepatic glucose in turn. Metformin, on the other hand, lowers postprandial plasma glucose and basal glucose, by improving glucose tolerance in type 2 diabetes patients. Peripheral glucose uptake and utilization are increased by Metformin, thereby improving insulin sensitivity. Metformin, however, decreases the intestinal absorption of glucose and reduces the production of hepatic glucose. Pioglitazone belongs to the thiazolidinedione class whereas Metformin belongs to the biguanide class.
Actoplus Met Generic dosage information and instructions
- Generic Actoplus Met is usually to be consumed with meals to lessen gastrointestinal side effects brought about my Metformin.
- The minimum dosage given is Pioglitazone 15mg and Metformin 500mg and the maximum recommended dosage is 45mg/2550mg.
- Depending on the way the patient reacts to Actoplus Met, the dosage is titrated with time.
- The dosage varies between patients who are inadequately controlled on Pioglitazone monotherapy, on Metformin monotherapy and those who are making a transition from combination therapy of Pioglitazone and Metformin
- Fluid retention related reactions might occur in some patients after beginning to consume Actoplus Met and they have to be monitored carefully, with periodical tests made on them.
What precautions should be taken before using Actoplus Met?
- The doctor needs to be kept up to date with all the health issues that a patient endures and the medications consumed to deal with them.
- A person with a history of alcohol abuse, heart related problems, diseases affecting the kidney and liver issues must be cautious while taking in Actoplus Met.
- People over eighty years of age are not always prescribed Actoplus Met
- Fluid retention, uncontrolled heart failure and metabolic acidosis are some other issues that need to be addressed before using Actoplus Met
What are the possible side effects of Actoplus Met ?
Some frequently reported side effects of Actoplus Met are
- Dental Disease
- Weight Gain
- Reduction in vitamin b12 serum concentrate
Some mild symptoms include diarrhea, head ache and cold like symptoms. These might go away on their own as the body gets used to Actoplus Met. Jaundice, vision changes, stomach ache, abnormal bleeding, pain while urinating, swelling and shortness of breath can also be experienced by a few.
Sometimes blood sugar can get to really low levels bringing along with it a variety of side effects. Exhaustion, dizziness, abnormal heart rate, numbness, breathlessness and nausea can all be caused by low blood sugar. The condition causing this is called Lactic acidosis and it can be fatal as well. People exhibiting such side effects must be taken to the doctor immediately.
Drug interactions with Actoplus Met
- Medicines taken for other health complications can interact with Actoplus Met and create adverse effects.
- Actoplus Met will interact with any other medication that is concerned with increasing or decreasing blood sugar levels.
- Ranitidine, Gemfibrozil, Morphine and Antibiotics, all have high probability of interacting with Actoplus Met
- Medicines given for allergies, cold, respiratory problems, hormone, heart, blood pressure and thyroid related problems can cause complications when used alongside Actoplus Met.
- People consuming birth control pills, water pills and diet pills must also be cautious while on Actoplus Met