Lipitor is a cholesterol lowering drug categorized under the family of medications generally referred to as statins. It decreases the levels of low-density lipoproteins which is responsible for high cholesterol levels. On the other hand, it increases the levels of high-density lipoproteins. People can buy Lipitor Generic online as, Lipitor works by impacting an enzyme called HMG-CoA reductase, which is considered to play a lead in the role in treating diabetes and in the formation of cholesterol in the body. Lipitor comes in the dosage strength of 10 mg, currently, the pill is marketed by pharmaceutical major Pfizer. Atorvastatin is the generic name of Lipitor.
Is Generic version of Lipitor as good as Brand version?
The generic version of Lipitor is bioequivalent in its ingredients and is equally effective as the brand. Few people might feel comfortable with the purchase of generic version of Lipitor, whereas, few are happy only with its brand form. The effectiveness of the drug differs from person to person due to the different inactive ingredients and therefore it is best to decide upon the ideal one, after consulting a reputed medical professional.
Lipitor Dosage Information and Instructions
- The course of therapy should be commenced with either 10 mg or 20 mg of Lipitor. However, individuals whose medical condition demands an extreme decrease in the levels of low-density lipoproteins should begin the medication course with 40 mg.
- It is highly crucial to consume Lipitor in one single dose, rather than multiple doses. The lipid levels should be checked every 2 to 4 weeks and dose titrations should be made accordingly.
- Pediatrics should be given 20 mg of Lipitor daily, only when there is an imminent need.
- People can opt for online sites to buy Lipitor Generic, for treating Hyperlipidemia, where the pills can be obtained for various dosages. The recommended dose for treating Hyperlipidemia can either be 10, 20, or 40 mg per day.
Individuals whose medical condition demands a decrease of LDL by 45% should start the course of therapy with 40 mg dosage strength.
How to compensate for the missed dose?
The best option to compensate for the missed dose is by taking Lipitor immediately at the stroke of remembrance. It is recommended to skip the dose if the time for the next dose is not more than 12 hours. Never take an extra dose to compensate for the missed one.
What precautions should be followed before taking Lipitor?
- Certain medical condition gets aggravated when Lipitor commences its reaction in the body.
- People with kidney ailments and underactive thyroid conditions should exercise caution before consuming Lipitor. In some cases, the medication can cause kidney failure.
- Birth defects are the likely possibility in unborn baby when pregnant women consume this pill.
- Never breast-feed the new born baby while taking Lipitor, as the medicinal ingredients mix with the breast milk.
What are the possible Side effects of Lipitor?
Lipitor damages the skeletal muscle tissue in some individuals, while in others, it affects the kidney. Mostly, it makes a person fragile and burns out feelings might creep in. The other side effects are
- Nagging ache in body mass
- Urination issues
- Intolerable pain in the head
- Poor control of overpassing stools
- Change in vision
Drug interactions with Lipitor
There are certain medications upon interaction with Lipitor causes serious muscle related ailments. Hence individual has to be vigilant before administering the pill. Medicines that interact with Lipitor are
- Heart Medications
- Antifungal medicines
- Cholesterol reducing pills
- HIV medications
There would be other drugs that can also interact with Lipitor. Hence, consumption of the medication without consultation with the doctor should be restrained.