Women’s sexuality and libido is often seen as a complicated phenomenon. Sexual desire and arousal are often more to do psychology and emotion than with physical desires. Sexual dysfunction in female is difficult to treat due to this. However, there are ways to help women to feel sexual arousal and desire. These are called as aphrodisiacs and are mostly available all around us.
Men with erectile dysfunction (ED) issues can simply pop in a Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra and get over the erection issues easily. This is not possible for female’s though. The availability of simple but effective aphrodisiacs that actually work in women is a great plus. Most of them are likely to work on men too, but their effects are greater when used by women. Get to know what the top five aphrodisiacs and understand how they work to boost sexual function.
Which products work best as aphrodisiacs for women?
Here are some of the best products that work great in sexually arousing women or helping to set the mood right.
- Chocolate – Almost every woman’s favorite, chocolates truly have properties that can alter one’s mood. With sufficient amounts of chocolate consumed, the person experiences increased serotonin levels which reflect in feelings of relaxation and contentment. Moreover, the quality of the chocolate itself teases the senses with regard to touch, taste, sight, and smell. Indulging in chocolate with your partner makes it all the more pleasurable.
- Ginseng – This herbal product has been used for centuries in Asian medicine. It is believed that this ingredient has the ability to enhance the libido and endurance of a person. Almost all potions that are made as aphrodisiacs contain this magic ingredient.
- Ginger – It has become common knowledge that drinking ginger tea is great for one’s digestion and any stomach problems in general. On the other hand, this herbal product can promote better sexual health and even aid in boosting sexual gratification.
- Arginine – This is one of the most natural aphrodisiacs that can be used by women. Arginine enables the release of certain hormones in the body. While it can enhance sexual desire, this product can also help with vaginal dryness and also lowers the blood pressure, which in turn helps the person to relax and experience better orgasms.
- Damiana – As a tonic, Damiana is used to help with improving the reproductive system, hormones, and also the nerves. The tea made from this botanical is likened to the effects of a small dose of cannabis. It is said that Mexican women used to drink a concoction containing this ingredient so that they can be ready for their men.
Can ED medications work as suitable aphrodisiacs for women?
ED as such is a major turn down for women. But the availability of ED medications has helped to straighten many things out. Consider that a lot of women experience sexual desire when their partners are aroused, even if it is with the help of ED drugs.
Currently, there are no clear indications that ED drugs would work well in female. This is mainly because of the way they experience sexual desires. However, there is a possibility that using the ED pills would help to relax and increase the flow of blood to the groin area, and probably work as an aphrodisiac. If you are inclined to try this out, be sure to check with your doctor first so that you can ensure that it is safe for you to do so. Also, the doctor might provide other options that can help with enhancing sexual desire.