Cipro is the trade name of Ciprofloxacin. It is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections. Fluoroquinolone is the class to which this antibiotic belongs to. Ciprofloxacin can be administered orally, intravenously or topically. Cipro Generic is an oral medication, administered alone or in combination with other antibiotics if the infection is of a severe nature or of certain kinds. You can buy Cipro Generic online since it remains among the most popular medicines to be bought every year for treating infections.
What is the drug Generic Cipro used for?
Generic Cipro is effective in treating bacterial infections of several kinds. However, this medication is not used to deal with viral infections like the common cold. Urinary tract infections, malignant otitis externa, and gastroenteritis are some issues for which Cipro Generic is administered. People with infections affecting the bones and joints are found to be responding really well to this medication. Prostatitis, cellulitis, anthrax, endocarditis and chancroid are also overcome using Cipro. Ciprofloxacin is often used in combination with metronidazole as first line antibiotic regimens.
How Cipro Generic works?
Cipro Generic works by preventing bacteria from reproducing. Bacteria reproduce, repair themselves and recombine using topoisomerase II and IV and Cipro Generic inhibits these, thereby preventing the bacteria from multiplying. The entire genetic material of the DNA is denied the chance to repair and the bacterial numbers gradually dwindle.
Is there any difference between Generic Cipro and Cipro brand?
Based on Bioequivalence
When the Generic Cipro is approved by the FDA, it undergoes the same stringent checks on efficacy, quality, dose strength, and bioequivalence as the Cipro brand.
Based on Active ingredients
Generic Cipro is not different from the brand as both variants contain the same active ingredient Ciprofloxacin.
Based on Inactive ingredients
There may be a few minor differences in the inactive ingredients between the Generic Cipro and Cipro Brand, which may in some way affect the patient’s response to the drug. Some individuals may prefer the Brand Cipro, while others may feel that the generic version of Cipro works better.
Based on price
The primary variance between the Generic Cipro and Cipro Brand is that the Generic Cipro is usually available at a much lower cost, and this in no way interferes with the generic Cipro’s efficacy.
Generic Cipro Dosage Information and Instructions
- Generic Cipro is usually consumed once every twelve hours, with plenty of water, at least eight ounces. Fluid consumption should be higher than normal during the course of Cipro Generic medication.
- Generic Cipro pills could be taken before or after food, but a set time table must be followed, with the medicine taken in at the same time, every day.
- Milk, yogurt, and other dairy products might make the medicine less effective if consumed alongside it. Calcium-fortified juice needs to be avoided too or at least not taken along with the Generic Cipro. Generic Cipro can still be consumed as part of a regular meal.
- If the Generic Cipro is given for the treatment of gonorrhea, other STD tests might also have to be made.
- The doctor will recommend the dosage strength and cycle of Cipro Generic depending on the person’s health condition and response to the medication. Based on the recommendation buy Generic Cipro in order to avoid overdosing.
- Sharing this medication is not advised, especially with children.
What precautions should be taken before consuming Generic Cipro?
Patients prescribed to take Generic Cipro should be aware of a few precautions before administering the pills to reduce the risk of side effects and to prevent aggravating any existing health conditions.
- Those allergic to Ciprofloxacin or other fluoroquinolones should not take Generic Cipro.
- To ensure safety of Generic Cipro use, disclose to the doctor if the individual has any health conditions like history of myasthenia gravis, any muscle disorders, low blood potassium, seizures, history of head injuries, liver problems, kidney diseases, diabetes, nerve disorder, difficulty in swallowing pills, trouble with heart rhythms and any drugs used to treat the same, family history of Long QT Syndrome, arthritis, and joint ailments.
What are the possible side effects of Cipro Generic?
Cipro Generic does have a few side effects, but not everyone will display all of the side effects and some might experience nothing at all. Some commonly reported side effects are,
- Sudden pain in the joints,
- Rapid pulsation of the heart,
- Yellow skin rash.
Some have experienced uncommon side effects like,
- Sore throat,
- Eyes burning,
- Pain behind eyes,
A visit to the emergency room is advised if the effects persist for a long time or become unbearable.
Drugs that interact with Cipro Generic
Revealing the complete medical history of the patient to the doctor before taking Generic Cipro is must. Certain drugs can cause adverse effects to the patient, when consumed with Cipro Generic. They are,
- Sucralfate (Ulcer medicine),
- Antacids with aluminum or magnesium in it,
- Certain chewable tablets,
- Vitamin or mineral supplements with zinc, calcium or iron in it
- Water pill,
- Medicine to treat depression or other mental illnesses,
- NSAIDs and heart rhythm medications
The list of medicines that can interact with the Generic Cipro isn’t complete here and the doctor is the best person to advice as to what should be avoided.
Why buying Generic Cipro from online pharmacy is more convenient?
- Generic Cipro can be purchased from an online pharmacy in a more convenient manner compared to brick-and-mortar drug stores.
- The anti-bacterial pills can be ordered from the comfort of one’s home through any gadgets that have internet access, without making the effort to physically visit the pharmacist.
- Also, a Cipro online pharmacy offers great deals that enable individuals from different economic group access to the necessary prescription medications.
- Online drug stores make it easier to get the accurate dosage of the Generic Cipro in the authentic formulation, with options to easily refill the prescription any time it is required.